Although most people access Gmail using a web browser ( Webmail ) Gmail also allows access using the POP3 and IMAP4 protocols.
This is useful as it allows you to access your Gmail email using standard desktop email clients like Windows Live Mail and also email Apps on smartphones and tablets
In this tutorial we will look at setting up Windows Live Mail to access Gmail using IMAP4 as it is the preferred access protocol. Continue reading
[Total: 3 Average: 3.7/5]
This is a beginners tutorial that covers the basics of composing and sending an email using the web browser client.
You will Learn:
- How to compose and send an email
- How to address an email, including sending to multiple email addresses.
- How to to send using the cc and bcc fields correctly
- How to send email with an attachment.
- How to send encrypted email
[Total: 2 Average: 2.5/5]
You can access your Gmail account using a standard POP3/IMAP client like outlook express or windows live mail.
In this article we will go through the setup using outlook express but Windows live mail setup is almost identical. Other clients will also have a similar set up. Continue reading
A useful feature of Google Gmail is the ability to access other mailboxes.
This means that you can:
- Use Gmail to access a mailbox that doesn’t support webmail access. Useful if you require remote access (e.g. when on holiday).
- Import email from another email account into Gmail.
- Use Gmail to consolidate email from multiple accounts .
[Total: 3 Average: 4.7/5]
Do you have thousands of emails in your inbox? Do you struggle to find important emails.
Many people receive 100s of emails a day and keeping track of these emails and getting quick access to important emails becomes a problem. Continue reading
If you are considering moving from Gmail to Outllok.com for example then there are several things you will need to consider and decide upon.
The most important one is what will you do with the old email messages.
You can decide to:
- Leave the emails on the old account.
- Move the emails to the new email account.
[Total: 2 Average: 3.5/5]